Monday, August 27, 2018

Exclusive interview to excellent Czech musician Iva Bittova to Invicta Indie Arts

Magnificient Czech musician Iva Bittova was kind enough to concede me an exclusive interview for this blogue.
 Iva's one of the best musicians ever in my opinion and several times, I had this question stuck in my mind:

"Why don't I make an interview to one of my favourite musicians ever having her email for more than 15 years?"
 I've decided to write her after all these years and she was nice and answered me with a direct speech in a small coffeeshop talk while being honest and true regarding her work as a musician.
 Below is the interview.
Many thanks Iva   


Iva Bittova 
 01) I remember buying this double CD by you in 1997 with Vladimír Václavek Bílé inferno (White Inferno) (1997, 2xCD, from label Indies). I was astonished by it when I've listened to it (it's one of my favourite CDS ever) with songs that I couldn't understand due to not understaning Czech, but it seemed to me at the time that it had a bipolarity of a dark side (the black CD) and a joyful one (the white CD). Can you tell us a bit about what you mention in it and how it was conceived along Vladimir?

Iva Bittova and Vladimír Václavek Bílé inferno (White Inferno)

Iva: Vladimir was as a member of our rock band Dunaj (Danube) and also he created a lot of music together with Pavel Fajt.
After we finished our partnership with Pavel, Vladimir suddenly become to me much closer as a musician in two weeks we've composed just the two of us a whole new duo program that became Bile Inferno.
I've decided to name it as that because I try to put white and black as a complete circle.


02) Later, I've bought other older CDs by you with Pavel Fajt or solo ones such as these: 
Bittová + Fajt (1987, LP, Panton)
Iva Bittová (1986, EP, Panton)
Ne, nehledej (No, Do Not Seek) (1994, CD, BMG)
Divná slečinka (A Strange Young Lady) (1996, CD, BMG
 I've loved them also and how you could play violin with your own voice being almost like another instrument that was natural and that was a gift conceded to you by nature itself. 
How do you "see" right now your earlier works and yourself as the powerful musician and woman that you’re?


Bittová + Fajt (1987 - LP - Panton) - cover 

Iva Bittová (1986-EP- Panton)- cover 

Ne, nehledej (No, Do Not Seek) (1994 - CD - BMG) - Cover

Divná slečinka (A Strange Young Lady) (1996 - CD -BMG) - Cover


Iva: As I don’t listen so often to myself, sometimes old songs come to my ears and I realize, how differnet energy is there… but I have to say, wonderful is the moment where I reveal my every single steps on my journey in music.


03) I've also loved this CD by you With Dorothea Kellerová (the design of the CD was awesome)

Iva Bittova and Dorothea Kellerová - éla Bartók: 44 dueta pro dvoje housle (44 Duets for Two Violins) - cover 


Iva: Unfortunately this CD doesn’t exist anymore and Dorothea (no one knows why) she did not gave me a permission for new release... shame
Béla Bartók: 44 dueta pro dvoje housle (44 Duets for Two Violins) (1997, CD, Rachot Behemot)
04 - Was this some sort of homage to Hungarian composer Bartók?

Iva: Bartok's music is as Janacek one since it's in my veins, because moravian and hungarian roots comes from my parents. Just love those composers!

05) I remember seeing you performing live in Spain at Valencia in 2000. The concert was mesmerizing, even though, the majority of people there didn't understand czech. 
 Do you think that performing and singing in czech, that your audience understands the message that you're trying to pass with your awesome music and lyrics?

Iva: Lyrics is so important, but when I try to translate it , beauty and its meaning disappears. I always try to create a strong expression to my songs that maybe all people can understand what those lyrics mean.

06) In 2006, I remember buying this DVD from you "Superchameleon" because I've wanted to frame some of the memories that I've had in your concert in Valencia while watching you performing another concert and this was a magnificient performance.
 Can you tells us a bit of how you conceived this concert?

Iva Bittova - Superchameleon 


Iva: DVD was directed by a crew of TV people and I usualy am not so happy with camera, but that time I decide it to be willing as we can have something complete as one period of my music life. I rather prefer that exact moment on the stage with audience as a incarnation present.


07) Music is art, power and a message (I truly believe in this).
 Can you please tell us where do you get your inspiration to create your masterpieces?

Iva: Mostly from nature, my lovely family, from the silence. I don’t listen so much to radio and I don’t have TV, I need to listen my own thoughts and later new music begins to develop as ideas in my head. I also practice violin that is another level of discipline and also to develop sound vibrations with my voice.

08) Do you love other kinds of arts besides music?
Iva: Painting, dance, garden, woods.
09) Can you tell us about which kind of art that you love?
Music is my love

10) How do you see music industry today with it being freely distributed in platforms such as youtube or Spotify?
Iva: I dont follow those things.
 Do you think that these platforms are good or bad for musicians?
It is for some people some source of information, but it can also be very confusing.

11) Can you tell us a bit about your hometown that's Bruntál and how it could possibly influence you as a musician?

Bruntál - Czech Republic 

Iva: I grew up on the nord of Moravia, Bruntál memories are just the hospital, where my mother gave my birth. There is not so strong conection to that town,but I like to perform in that location and there are still some of my relatives there, which I like to visit.


Below is Iva Bittova performing one of my favourite songs ever. 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A direct love speech from Samantha to my heart and soul

  - My Man , do know that you're bold... - Portal gate to be... - Opening energy... - Within you... - Something new... - Within me... - ...