Monday, August 27, 2018

Narrative about Zombierella character - book project - book collections by international artists that I've organised and exhibitions that I've curated with help by international artists

Writing about a simple woman as Svetlana Nagaeva that's clearly a XXIst century woman with a complex character named Zombierella makes me wonder about some things inside people hearts, souls and memories.
 I clearly know that's difficult to explain why an idea based on simple collages of Svetlana's pics by me with her permission gave me ideas of conceiving a book about her that I'm writing with help by more than 40 international artists from several countries like it's mentioned in lists with international artists names in this same blogue in previous posts.
 I've tried to use in this narrative some images of books, movies or songs that I've read, watched or listened in order to try to sync it all in this sort of narrative.
 I also know that I've made an interview to Svetlana in this same blogue in a previous post and that she told me about her influences in arts.
 Below are some random thoughts by myself in a jigsaw narrative within my mind.       



British writer Grant Morrison's masterpiece Invisibles issue 5 covers with design by British artist Rian Hughes and Morrison's words "All we want is everything"... "You are now leaving the twentieth century" and an Hellblazer random sketch of this character by British artist Sean Phillips and signed by British writer Jamie Delano with these words in it "you're never alone in the 21st century"


Zombierella reminded me that I've left the 20st century 18 years ago, that all that everybody wants right now is everything served in a plate without any work and that we aren't alone in the XXI century.


Zombierella as seen by Australian artist Tim Grace and a dialogue that I love from Peaky blinders Tv series 

I also know that signatures or identity, lost "friends" or partners makes us wonder who we're, like in the dialogue below.    

Peaky blinders Tv Series dialogue:
Tommy: So is this why you came here? For my fucking signature?  
May Carleton: You... have lost your wife, and now your brother too. I thought it would make you different, but it doesn't seem to change you.

Zombierella as seen by Australian artist Tim Grace and a poster from 8 and an half movie by Italian director Federico Fellini


Trying to write about Svetlana or Zombierella is like being lost in Fellini's masterpiece movie " 8 and an half"

Tommy and Grace from Tv Series - Peaky Blinders 


I clearly know that myself or Svetlana don't share the same love that Tommy and Grace do at Peaky Blinders Tv series

Tommy from Tv Series - Peaky Blinders with a quote by him that I love

I also know that I rarely answer questions. 

Tommy and Alfie from Tv Series - Peaky Blinders 


I'm pretty sure that I'm not the wanderer jew that Alfie Solomons character interpreted by British actor Tom Hardy describes in 
Peaky Blinders Tv series

Hellblazer issue 40 by British writer Jamie Delano and British artist Dave Mckean 

Written words in Hellblazer 40:
"The first is who you are 
The second's in between.
And the third is who you want to be."

I'm also aware that I'm a simple guy that was born in the prettiest city in the world and that I do try to deal with my inner demons and guiding angels.

Two strips by Hellblazer comic book character created by British writer Alan Moore in British writer Paul Jenkins and artists Sean Phillips run

Hellblazer monologue written by Paul Jenkins in Hellblazer 119
"What you saw outside today.. Arch an' Chloe an' all that... What are you supposed to make of that, eh?
I mean, my world's all about magic an' lies an' old mates .. Who's to say any of it's real?

Or me, for that matter. Am I simply this... Black lines on white paper, an iconic representation of an idea?

Or am I as real as you are?

Maybe the real question isn't what is real and what's a lie? Maybe it's "what is reality?"

Hellblazer monologue written by Paul Jenkins in Hellblazer 120
"Look, I realize it's a bit naff feeling sorry for yourself after a few pints, but it's this place, innit?

Sometimes I feel like I live here.
You seem him over there? old mate of mine... From before I was even a player. Introduced me to a lot of people, he did. Back when I was nobody.
But him, he was full of clever bloody ideas got me involved in a lot of mad shit... Next thing I know. I'm in knee deep with the soddy cabbage club. My life's been a bloody mess ever since.
Ah well... Those were the days. eh? we've dropped out of touch a bit since then. I mean we run into each other from time to time. like.nothing much of cosequence. Still... you know... Cheers man."

I truly believe in what's real and what's illusion (or magic) and I'm always real fond of my memories while trying to do my work in a professional way. 

The bow movie by Korean director Kim Ki Duk and a picture of Actor Kyle Maclachlan in David Lynch's   Twin Peaks: The Return Season 3 


I also know that it didn't took me 25 years to gather a project with help by international artists from several countries communicating in different languages based on Zombierella as a character but only since March 2018 without any shadows in monochromatic as can be listened in Chromatics
 musical band song below with its lyrics and that was part of David Lynch's Tv series Twin Peaks : The Return in 21st May 2017






"Shadow, take me down
Shadow, take me down with you
For the last time
For the last time
For the last time
For the last time
You're in the water
I'm standing on the shore
Still thinking that I hear your voice
Can you hear me?
Can you hear me?
Can you hear me?
Can you hear me?
For the last time
For the last time
For the last time
For the last time
At night I'm driving in your car
Pretending that we'll leave this town
We're watching all the street lights fade
And now you're just a stranger's dream
I took your picture from the frame
And now you're nothing like you seem
Your shadow fell like last night's rain
For the last time
For the last time
For the last time
For the last time"

Drawing by Italian artist Rolando Cicatelli with a Z mark

I know that Zombierella name starts with a "Z", so is she a brand, a mark or a simple woman.

American director David Lynch with a quote that I love, Finnish artist Terhi Ekebom who I admire and a tribute to Zombierella by American artist Erik von Erik



I'm sure that I love talented, ethical and simple women or men in arts or life, nature and common simple fishes while being aware of metaphors that American director David Lynch uses in his movies or used in Twin Peaks TV Series Season one and two in the 90's when I was a teenager, and in 2017, being myself 44 years old, because a mystery is always a mystery, even if it's a simple one that evolves with a 25 years passage and that drops characters or masks and gives us the clear notion of pure good and evil in men's hearts.

Quote by American director David Lynch:
"Ideas are like fish, if you want to catch a little fish, you can stay in the shallow water. 
but if you want to catch the big fish, you've got to go deeper."



British band Bauhaus poster + ticket from their "ressurection tour" from 1999 and "near the atmosphere" from 2006    

I know that Zombierella loves Bela Lugosi as an actor and Bauhaus music band made him an homage with the excellent song/video below named "Bela Lugosi’s Dead" and it's a magnificient lyric/statement/manifest.
 I also know that I was seeing them live in their "Ressurection Tour" in 14th November 1998 at Lisbon (don't ask me why or how I was there, but I'm sure that I was there with a lady) in awe with this concert set list:

Double Dare
In the flat field
A god in an alcove
In fear of fear
Hollow hills
Kick in the eye
Silent hedges
Severance
Boys
She's in parties
King volcano
Riders on the storm
The passion of lovers
Dark entries
Telegram Sam
Ziggy Stardust
All we ever wanted was everything
The passenger
Spirit
Bela Lugosi's dead
Third uncle 


 I'm also sure that in 17th February 2006, I was seeing them performing live again in the city where I was born and that was the last city where they performed their "near the atmosphere" tour that turned into a blast because of all my memories that I've had inside me since I was a simple teenager with this concert set list:

Burning from the inside
In the flat field
A god in an alcove
In fear of fear 
Terror couple kill Colonel
Swing the heartache
She's in parties
The passion of lovers
Silent edges
Kick in the eye
Hollow hills
Rosegarden funeral of sores
Stygmata martyr
Hair of the dog
Dark entries
All we ever wanted was everything
Severance
Transmission
St Vitus dance
Telegram Sam
Ziggy stardust
Bela Lugosi's dead

  Bauhaus music band gave me knowledge in arts since I was 13 years old and I owe them a lot because their songs, lyrics and meaning raised me while turning me in the person that I am today and that I'll always be either in a professional or personal way.

 Sometimes people think that I've appeared in arts movement through comics or book collections, such as the one dedicated to Italian Maestro Guido Crepax, that was  organized by myself with an interview to Crepax heirs 

Antonio, Caterina, Giacomo Crepax, gathering info to it, mirroring its design in my mind, also gathering some of the best essayists in the world concerning Crepax oeuvre such as British writer Tim Pilcher, Spanish Writer Alvaro Pons, Brazilian writer Marco Aurélio Lucchetti, among others, translations from Italian to English that didn't made sense in what Crepax 

was saying in his stories by Italian translator Micol Beltramini and that was the editor of Italian Crepax cheap books by Italian publisher Mondadori with new Valentina stories that turned into a book named "Viva Valentina" from an idea that I previously had with international artists 
and that were published with my name in the first book as series editor and in a second book as consulting editor in U.S.A, with a written introduction for the books by myself, while asking tributes to his main character Valentina and even Belinda to more than 100 international well known artists, with my work to try to publish a beautiful artbook that Gary Groth rejected with tributes by international artists from all over the world dedicated to Italian maestro Crepax turning it into small limited booklets and that I've curated exhibitions in Porto, Finland with them with Hi Res prints and posters for them and one at Seattle - U.S.A (with a poster for it also) and another at New York City - U.S.A  (without a poster) with originals while being in Europe in one of the worst times of my life in personal terms and with a weak health while trying to solve what was going on with international artists originals that were trapped in New York City for almost 2 years, being myself in Europe without being able to do something about them.
 I also know that in 2016, I've wrote comic strips with 10 excellent international artists such as Argentine artist Mr Ed, Patricia Breccia, Brazilian artists Eder, Alex Korolkovas, Brao, Polish artist Magdalena Minko, Spanish artists 
Sandra Hernandez, Pedro Espinosa, Santiago Sequeiros, Fidel Martinez Nadal, Ivila, Toni Benages Gallard, Japanese artist 
John Kurokawa, Portuguese artist Paulo Pinto
That were finished with more than 150 pages with stories set in Barcelona - Spain, Le Mans - France, London - England, Porto - Portugal, Warsaw - Poland, Santiago - Chile, Kyoto - Japan and São Paulo - Brazil and that were rejected again by Gary Groth and Crepax family while international artists were producing these stories for free and L.A models Vika Costa and Katya Kulizhka  wanted to promote Fantagraphics Crepax collection due to them being flesh and bone characters Valentina and Belinda as homages to Crepax seen by the lens of Brazilian photographer Alex Korolkovas for free at Taschen bookstores in Los Angeles - U.S.A, because Crepax was Benedikt Taschen friend, being this another idea rejected by Fantagraphics.
I don't know the reason or explanation for this.
 I know that in March 2018, I was Argentine maestro Alberto Breccia agent with 20 per cent of royalties based on sales of his books or audiovisual, that I've singlehandedly organized a book collection by him in Porto, made an interview to Patricia and Cristina Breccia 
(That are Alberto Breccia's 
heirs) and that can be read in this same blogue in which I took care of contracts, communication, translation, licensing rights about this artist and the writers that worked with him and that I've also curated an exhibition with tributes by more than 60 international artists with Hi Res prints, also in Porto, (with permission and support by 
Patricia and Cristina Breccia)
and that books by this maestro are going to be published, sold and licensed in U.S.A and all over the world in English, Spanish and other languages without my name on it and I really don't know what happened in April 2018 when my contract (that was for four years) for this same collection  was suddenly cut from me due to the fact that I wasn't feeling good at the time (due to real strong personal issues), losing myself with this thousands of dollars in royalties with other people profiting on them like it happened before with Italian maestro Crepax book collection published in U.S.A. where my payment for the work of almost 3 years in both collections was 750 USD and in published books (that sometimes I received some of them while others they weren't sent to me).
 I know that I've did interviews and tried to pitch books with these artists that in my opinion are maestros in comic books such as Spanish artists Santiago Sequeiros, Javier Olivares, Enric Sió or Ruben Pellejero, Argentine artist José Muñoz, Croatian artist Danijel Zezelj,German artists Anke Feuchtenberger, Uli Oestergeld, Italian artists Stefano Ricci, Stefano Zattera, Liberatore, Guido Buzzelli, Rocco Lombardi, Belgium artist Dominique Goblet, Swiss artist Alex Baladi, Swedish artists Knut Larsson, Lars Erik Sjunesson, Nicolas Krizan,
Argentine artist Carlos nine and Mr Ed,  Danish Artist Kim Ki Rehr and that I've also organized them for Gary Groth and his son while advicing the best book editions for Fantagraphics, to buy and create Fantagraphics their own digital files and collection by Alberto Breccia, either the book collections or the interviews that I made were simply ignored by an American publisher (maybe because of greed or financial interests).
 I also know that I've curated exhibitions with several international artists only with my heart, soul and mind with simple themes and narratives in them such as "cats as pets", a strong word that's "identity", another one that's "permanent", "music and musicians" at Porto, also another one based on a simple concept such as "life or death" in France while developping another one with a musician/woman/character named Zombierella and all this information is mentioned in previous posts in this same blogue or in hundreds of emails that I've sent to Fantagraphics President Gary Groth that wasn't interested in these collections by some of the best artists ever and also lists of international artists with exhibitions promoting Fantagraphics books,  for free end even posters for them created by the best artists that I was working with at the time when they were exhibited.
 I clearly remember having a nice personal chat eye to eye with Bauhaus singer Peter Murphy in Porto about comic books, books, movies, TV series and arts in 1996 and that he loved the knowledge that I had in books or comic books at the time.




"White on white translucent black capes
Back on the rack
Bela Lugosi's dead
The bats have left the bell tower
The victims have been bled
Red velvet lines the black box
Bela Lugosi's dead
Undead undead undead
The virginal brides file past his tomb
Strewn with time's dead flowers
Bereft in deathly bloom
Alone in a darkened room
The count
Bela Lugosi's dead
Undead undead undead"

Many thanks to all international artists who are with me in this project and several others that I've developped or that I'm developping.
 Special thanks to Musician XXI century woman and my friend Svetlana that believes in this project. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

A direct love speech from Ksenia into our shared heart

  - My Man , love of mine... - Being we fine... - There's our heart kind.. - Feelings inside.. - Not our mind... - There's our ride....