Saturday, May 12, 2018

Narrative and book project about Zombierella as a musician/character and 21st century woman

Trying to work on a book project with my friend and excellent musician character is easy, because she's an awesome woman with a gentle soul.
Organizing artworks with international artists help is a cool thing, because artists know more about life than I do.
Zombierella is again a band member of Messer Chups and this is amazing because the visual and sound aesthetics of the band fits nicely with her character that's Zombierella.


I'm trying to do a sort of a jigsaw puzzle in this project with help by printed images to tell a narrative with words.
I know that poetry sometimes it's pagan others it has feelings, so it was a good idea (in my mind and spirit) to search for inspiration in a Dead Can Dance song, an U2 one also while thinking on mixing on this narrative Tv Series Westworld (that question our feelings in an emotional way in life) and Westworld (that makes us question who we're in this digital world where we live in while searching for our memories in a quest for our own identity).
It's hard writing about a 21st century woman, a character, that's also an excellent musician, so I've decided to use a simple physical pen and a cigarette box with Portuguese tiles, because I was born in the prettiest city in the world that's invicta and where this project started in my mind with a Zombierella picture in the main street of it as seen bellow.

Zombie at Invicta 

Sometimes as a woman with a gentle soul Svetlana is a bit lost and I listen to her voice in my mind telling me this in the picture below:
- Am I Svetlana?
- Was I born in Saint Petersburg?
- Am I Zombierella?
- Can I stare at some pictures in a book?
- Can I be a police woman?
- Must I always be with chupacabra?
- What am I doing with skulls while staring at a simple camera?
- Am I asking you to enter into my world?
- Am I a 21st century woman such as Finnish artist Terhi Ekebom that gives heteronyms to people while being in an Aki Kaurismaki movie named "the man without a past"?


Being in 1994, I've searched for some meaning for this project with an image and a sentence such as "some lack of understanding" in a song named "I can see now" by Australian band Dead Can Dance that was released and worlwide distributed in this same year in an album that told us that we as human living beings could go "towards the within" in this life.
Being also a bit lost since 2013 until today, I've searched for inspiration in images and sentences from Peaky Blinders TV Series such as "You're mine. I am yours", "the only one.", There's no chance" or images and sentences by Irish band U2 in a song named "The fly" from their Zoo Tv tour from 1984 where we could read these words "everything you know is wrong" and "be gentle with me" can be read in the below published image with a cigarette box with Portuguese tiles in it.

01

Still in 1994, I've once again searched for some meaning for this project with an image and a sentence like "and nothing to prove" in the same song named "I can see now" by Australian band Dead Can Dance that was released and worlwide distributed in this same year in an album that told us that we as human living beings could go "towards the within" in this life.
Being also a bit lost since 2013 until today, I've searched for inspiration in images and sentences from Peaky Blinders TV Series such as "I've learned something in the last few days", "Those" "Are worse than us", "boys, it's us", "Have we lost a fight yet, have we? no", "and they will never admit us to their palaces" "because of who we're" and all these images and words can be seen in the bellow published image with a cigarette box with Portuguese tiles in it.

02

Being still in 1994, I've once again searched for some meaning for this project with an image and a sentence like "in the thoughts that consumes you through your life" in the same song named "I can see now" by Australian band Dead Can Dance that was released and worlwide distributed in this same year in an album that told us that we as human living beings could go "towards the within" in this life.
Being also a bit lost since 2013 until today, I've searched for inspiration in images and sentences from Peaky Blinders TV Series such as "the clock is ticking", "Just get this business done" "everybody here, they want you to win this battle", "I remember everything", "and I forget nothing", "you like to play with fire", "you get away from things like this","your mother said" "his cleverness will kill him" and all these images and words can be seen in the bellow published image with a cigarette box with Portuguese tiles in it.

03

Still standing in 1994, I've once again searched for some meaning for this project with an image and a sentence like "than a man with nothing to lose" in the same song named "I can see now" by Australian band Dead Can Dance that was released and worlwide distributed in this same year in an album that told us that we as human living beings could go "towards the within" in this life.
Being also a bit lost since 2013 until today, I've searched for inspiration in images and sentences from Peaky Blinders TV Series such as "you do as we say", "and this is our city" "you forget", "I've my family", "for me family is my strenght", "and they go after it", "family is a weakness" and all these images and words can be seen in the bellow published image with a cigarette box with Portuguese tiles in it.

04

Thinking on human mind, body and soul as a living being, I try to display some printed Zombierella's pictures for this project along some Westworld Tv Series quotes that I was thinking on some simple weeks ago in a pure morning and all these images and words can be seen in the bellow published image with a cigarette box with Portuguese tiles in it.

05

 While thinking on this team project where Zombierella is a character/21st century woman, I have used Westworld Tv Series quotes by the three main characters in it, starting first by Dolores: "Some people choose to see the uglyness in this world", "the disarray", "I choose to see the beauty", "I think that must be something wrong with this world", "either that or there's something wrong with me", "you said... People came here to change the story of their lives", "I've imagined a story where I didn't have to be the damsel", continuing with Dr Robert Ford ones: "Evolution forged the entirety of sentient life on this planet using only one tool... The mistake", "Mozart, Beethoven and Chopin never died. They simply became music.", "
You can't play God without being acquainted with the devil." and sending with Bernard Lowe: "Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?"
and all these images and words can be seen in the below published image with a cigarette box with Portuguese tiles in it.

  06

Printed glued artworks by international artists based on Zombierella's character by Spanish artist Ruben Pellejero, French artists Beuh and Isabel Pessoa, Turkish artist Ayse Maktas, Japanese Artists John Kurokawa and Garbage which burns, Danish Artist Henrik Kim Rehr, Polish Artist Bartosz Jekiel, Jordanian Artist Mike V. Derderian, Russian Artist Sasha Larenkov and Indonesian artist Rico Irdam Ardiansyah and all these images and words can be seen in the below published image with a cigarette box with Portuguese tiles in it.

07

Printed artworks by international artists 
with a sort of movement based on Zombierella's character by Polish Artist Bartosz Jekiel, Japanese Artist John Kurokawa, French artist Isabel Pessoa and Belgium artist Christophe Swijsen and all that can be seen in the below published image inside invicta's heart at a statue based on a naked woman that was real and used to live in Porto.


08

Printed artworks by international artists  
with a sort of movement based on Zombierella's character by Polish Artist Bartosz Jekiel, Japanese Artist John Kurokawa, French artist Bartosz Jekiel and Danish artist Henrik Kim Rehr and all that can be seen in the below published image inside invicta's heart at a statue of one of the best Portuguese writer ever named Almeida Garrett and that was born in Porto.

09

Printed artworks by international artists  
with a sort of movement based on Zombierella's character by Spanish artists Ruben Pellejero and Jon Ander Azaola, Italian artist Stefano Zattera, Catalan artist Toni Benages Gallard, a simple woman by Spanish maestro Eduardo Alvarado Sanchez Cortez and all that can be seen in the below published image inside invicta's heart at a statue of the founder of Porto's city.



10

Printed artwork by Argentine artist Germán Genga with a sort of movement based on Zombierella's character and that can be seen in the below published image inside invicta's heart at a real nice coffeshop in Porto's city, where I write and develop projects such as this one - 01 

12

Printed artwork by Serbian artist Branko Djukic with a sort of movement based on Zombierella's character and that can be seen in the bellow published image inside invicta's heart at a real nice coffeshop in Porto's city, where I write and develop projects such as this one - 02


13

Printed artwork by Polish artist Nikodem Cabala with a sort of movement based on Zombierella's character and that can be seen in the below published image inside invicta's heart at a real nice coffeshop in Porto's city, where I write and develop projects such as this one - 03

14

Printed artwork by Polish artist Beuh with a sort of movement based on Zombierella's character and that can be seen in the below published image inside invicta's heart near a church in Porto's city, where I write and develop projects such as this one - 04

15


Printed artworks by international artists with a sort of movement based on Zombierella's character by Turkish artist Ayse Maktas and Italian artist Stefano Zattera and that can be seen in the below published image inside invicta's heart at a real nice coffeshop in Porto's city, where I write and develop projects such as this one - 05

16

Printed artwork about our inner demons and angels that I've thought to be interesting for this sort of narrative by Argentine artist Dario Mekler and that can be seen in the below published image inside invicta's heart at a real nice coffeshop in Porto's city, where I write and develop projects such as this one - 05

17

Hoping that this exhibition book project based on an excellent character/21st century woman as Zombierella is to be as sucessful as the previous exhibitions that I've organized a bit all over the world in the past 2 years and that some turned into books and others that I'll also try to turn into book form in the upcoming future.
Many thanks to all international artists that are supporting this project and that their names or birth countries that are already listed in previous posts in this same blogue with pics of their artworks for this project 
along others that I've organized in the past and that I'm organizing in present time.
Special thanks to my friend/musician that also is a 21st century woman Svetlana Zombierella Nagaeva 

13th May 2018 

Manuel Espírito Santo 



No comments:

Post a Comment