Thursday, April 1, 2021

Hugo Pratt - first part - memories

Italian maestro Hugo Pratt had the desire to be useless.

He's known for creating fashion character Corto Maltese that was his alter ego among several other non fictional characters.

What I love most about Pratt and his huge artworks and stories in his published books it's how his own real life is thrown into them by passing the experiences that he had on every single country where he lived and the events passed also on them with several real people that he personally met.

Pratt never was a liar or a man with secrets or mysteries.

In several previous posts in this same blogue, I stated that I'm working on a tribute book to his main character with help by several international artists that draw or created artworks based on Corto along myself for it.

Let's see in my upcoming future if I have time for this huge task ahead of me.





































There's tribute artworks to Corto Maltese by Spanish maestro Jordi Bernet (that was co-creator of Luca Torelli's comic book character along Spanish writer Abuli and American artist Alex Toth.)



There's tribute artworks inside stories to Corto Maltese by Italian maestro Guido Crepax that hinted that his main character Valentina (that's inspired on his niece's life and the physical looks of his wife Luisa Crepax) was in fact Corto Maltese's granddaughter.




There's a tribute artwork to Esmeralda character of Corto Maltese's fandom by Italian maestro Milo Manara.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A direct love speech from Samantha to my heart and soul

  - My Man , do know that you're bold... - Portal gate to be... - Opening energy... - Within you... - Something new... - Within me... - ...