Thursday, July 29, 2021

Info about a book series developed and planned by myself to India

 


Direct speech/manifesto.

I'm a real simple guy and I plan and develop book collections as translator, writer and editor while curating worldwide exhibitions with help by some of the best international artists that I know of for some years.

Once again I do state that my work talks for itself with interviews that I've made to well known published international artists, worldwide exhibitions that I've curated with more than one hundred international artists, also my work in my own books, anthologies or book prefaces that I wrote to several international artists while being an editor, not to mention an arts festival that I've organized almost alone in 2012 or interviews that world art scholars asked me and that were published in several languages or even personalized mugs and t-shirts that I created and developed with my own brand illustrated by some of the best international artists that I know of with their permission.

All that I state in this post can be read or listened in previous posts in this same blogue because I love to register everything that I do during years with words, images and even video.

My main reason on writing this post is a book collection that was going to be published in India because someone invited me to plan and develop it while asking for my permision to use my texts and international artists artworks that worked or are working on my ongoing art projects as a a team unity and that I've developed or I'm developing alone.

I agreed with the person who invited me to help her out in this book collection because of the hystorical bounds that Portuguese have with Indians since the arrival of Vasco da Gama there in may 1498 and even the legacy that both countries continue to have till today.

I've asked this person for a contract with me and her, helped her on the book design, gave her several tips and advices to create a mesmerizing book series even being myself limited in time and not having a PC.

What I know was that this person during months always was putting in me tons of pressure in order for me, first to include prefaces on the book series by two of her favourite artists (when I treat all artists the same way) and later for me to contact Portuguese embassy for the book collection to have funds because we were two writers.

Of course that I've declined all this, because I was helping this person for FREE on the project/dream that she pictured in her mind, knowing myself also that she was always asking and asking more to me like she was my wife or girlfriend or somebody special in her life, when we were simply friends. 

I know little things in life but the most important thing that I've learned in life was first to be humble and educated and later to try to help friends not on what they want but in what I can do (if we're talking of an hobby), of course that this was more than an hobby for this person who even insulted me for not doing what she wanted and the way that she wanted (being my work again made for FREE).

I've my own ongoing book projects to be compiled on book form such as:

Love stories that I've written and developed in an art project along Russian musician Svetlana Zombierella Nagaeva and that was illustrated by several international artists.

Svetlana Zombierella Nagaeva

Love stories that I've written and developed in an art project along Argentine musician Didi Wray also illustrated by international artists.


Didi Wray and me


Love stories 
that I've written and developed in an art project along Daria Kovaleva and Mascara (that are women that I love among others) also illustrated by several international artists.


Me and Daria Kovaleva

Me and Mascara



Tribute artbooks planed and developed by myself to Italian maestro Hugo Pratt's 
Corto Maltese fashion character or John Constantine (that was created by British writer Alan Moore) also illustrated by several international artists.

Love stories that I write to famous world top models.

Comic book strips written by me with art by international artists.

My own autobiography illustrated by more than 80 international artists 

Before mentioned interviews to international artisrs that I want to publish in book form also.

In a rhetorical question I ask myself this:

"Who must gather funds for these projects that I've thought on? Is it me or somebody that I've invited to collaborate with me?"

My imediate answer to this question is:

"Obviously ME

Is it hard for people to understand that we all have dreams, our time, our family, that we must work hard in life to reach our goals, or people actually think that they can do whatever they want with other people that they don't even know with their planning or ideas? 

In a global pandemy such as Covid, some people seek excuses because of it in order to profit from other people's ideas.

I really didn't understood for months if this Indian person is naive or actually thinks that only her life and dreams matter most than other people.

What I do know now is that I'll NEVER plan or develop another book collection doesn't matter the country without people paying me upfront for my work, tips, advices and time.

Many thanks to all international artists that supported or are supporting several of my ongoing book projects or worldwide exhibitions even during a pandemy.

You're really the best.

Special thanks to Daria Kovaleva and Mascara that are women that I love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving Ksenia and Janina