Thursday, October 17, 2019

A poem to Anna Andreeva that's a Russian poet



Anna Andreeva

You told me that your name was Anna and that you were a writer and a fighter...
 I was listening to a song by Tom Waits with a little drop of poison...
- A dance never was a romance... 
 You told me this in some sort of trance... 
 I've read all your poems...
 I've listened to your voice...
 There was a choice... 
 You left in The Fall... 
 There's your picture on the wall... 
 I wasn't understanding if the green grass was actually being something with class in the Fall inside a call... 
 You told me that love is "shy"... 
You told me that a train goes by... 
You told me that this isn't a lie... 
You told me that you loved feeling high... 
You told me that you hate to sigh... 
You told me that you're a tree... 
You told me that you're free... 
You told me that you were a shadow cast in the past... 
You told me that your heart never has a start... 
You told me about a machine... 
You told me that I knew what you mean... 
You told me about words and moving pictures inside your brain with no shame... 
You told me about a hat... 
You told me about a cat... 
You told me that sometimes you were a bat... 
You told me so many things that by the end of it all, I was only thinking on The Fall while being with my baby saying "maybe"....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving Ksenia and Janina