Friday, October 11, 2019

Corto Maltese in Finland inside a poem to Terhi - narrative tribute exhibition international artists



An artwork based on Hugo Pratt's Corto Maltese by Italian artist Alberto Lavadori, a Polaroid of PJ Harvey, a saying from a "Red Right Hand"by Australian singer Nick Cave for Peaky Blinders Tv series 

Finnish artist Terhi Ekebom and me inside an artwork by Canadian artist Stan Wany 

Terhi has the prettiest soul that I've ever met.
 Work was on my mind and I knew that I was kind.
 You were telling me this:
- You're a Man with or without a pen...
- You're true because you always bring something new.. 
 You were inside my soul grabbing for its gold.. You were there when several serpent's hiss put me into a pit with ease...
 I always knew that you were a warrior, so I was thinking on how to mix words for you out of the blue... 
 I've told you this:
- You're Terhi, I know...
- You're not an arrow shot by a bow... 
 You were telling me about nature and green inside a spleen.
 I was actually staring at a blank page without age... 
 I was thinking on the sound that stars make while thinking on something that wasn't fake... 
 You told me this:
- You don't need a ride...
- You've got pride.
- You've got personality and mentality... 
 I was meticulously staring at two artworks and I knew that they were made with a hand that doesn't bend... 
 You were telling me this:
- I'm true just like you... 
 I was looking at you noticing the fighter in you without a lighter... 
 I was thinking to myself what have I done to have my figure being drawn for fun... 
 You told me that I was an host without a ghost, a tailor being a sailor, a simple man with a soul that doesn't bend... 
 You told me about the Fall... 
 You told me about a call... 
 You told me that you should paint a wall... 
 I was looking into your eyes and I knew that they don't carry lies... 
 I was in a forest observing a fox on some box... 
 In it there was a statue in the park and I wasn't thinking of the dark... 
 You were (as always are) a ghoulish creature then and you told me this:
- Life isn't a joke...
- Life isn't a lost boat...
- Life isn't a wet coat..
 Finnish words were flying swords that were travelling my mind being kind... 
 I was telling you this inside some bliss: 
- You were, are, will always be, the best artist that roamed this universe for free... 
 I wasn't thinking about an insight, I wasn't searching for light or proving to be bright... 
 I was telling you this:
- Being you is being new...
- Grabbing a book is searching for a simple look...


Below is a tribute video by French artist Barthelémy with an animated cover to British band Bauhaus and their album "Burning from the inside" from 1st July 1983 released by Beggars Banquet label



Many thanks to Italian artist Alberto Lavadori, to Canadian artist Stan Wany for the artworks who illustrate this poem and French artist Barthelémy for the animated cover. 
 Special thanks to Terhi Ekebom that has the prettiest soul that I've ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving Ksenia and Janina