Saturday, October 12, 2019

A poem to Stella when the Sky's Gone Out


Italian model Stella Manente


There were strawberries on your bed...
There was time to spare...
There was even a teddy bear...
You were telling me this:
- I feel my soul real cold...
- I feel an echo in my heart for a start...
I didn't have words to say to you...
You were tasting a fruit that was new...
On a phone...
On a home...
You were inside a song telling me this:
- I'm your suicide bomb...
I gave you my coat that was hanged in a room... You weren't eating neither with fork or spoon... Blue pearls were your night gown... There wasn't anything down...
You asked me this:
- Can you fly me to the moon?
- Can you be with me till noon?
I was staring at your hair...
It was blonde and I was listening to a song...
We went into a grocerie store and bought home made bread begging for more...
 You were wearing a green dress and while listening to your own playlist... 
You weren't telling me that life's a risk...
- Eat a pineapple slice...
- It'll make you act nice...
 You said this to me...
 I was noticing a clock with a tick tock... 
 I've told you this:
- So glad you came...
- Love sugar cane... 
Your mind wasn't blind, but kind... 
Your spirit raised the roof and this act had some proof... 
Your legs were long... 
Your body wasn't gone... 
Running amok, you were telling me about the clock's tick tock... 
It was a sound made inside our own bound... There was candles and their light... 
There was your own sight... 
You told me about Paris and France inside a dance... 
I was reading you a romance... 
 You grabbed a newspaper while telling me that we were strangers in paradise that aren't frozen in ice... 
You told me this:
- Man, stream Edward Scissorhands movie...
- I find it real groovy...
- Man, stream Big Fish...
- Tales aren't in some dish...
I was looking at your wall and no TV set was there, so I've asked you about a pc while you were free... 
You were telling me about fruit... 
You were telling me about a suit... 
You were telling me about eyes without a face... You were telling me something about the ice age... I only knew (and this was true), that you were somebody completely new...

Below is a tribute animated cover by French artist Barthelémy to British band Bauhaus LP "The Sky's Gone Out" masterpiece released by Beggars Banquet label in 19th October 1982 


Many thanks for the support while writing this poem to Stella (that reminded me about British band Interpol and their 2002 album "Turn on the lights" (that's in our playlist) in a part of a theme on this album named "Stella was a diver and she was always down" that was this one "Stella I love you, Stella I love you, Stella I love you.She was all right 'cause the sea was so airtight she broke away) and to French artist Barthelémy because "The Sky's Gone Out" Long. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving Ksenia and Janina